- It is possible to see a rainbow as a complete circle from an aeroplane.
- A litre of vinegar is heavier in winter than in summer.
- A barrel of juice or wine would take about a year or two to ferment naturally into vinegar.
- It is easier to swim in a sea rather than in a river because the density of sea water is more compared to that of a river due to dissolved salts.
- Ambulances were developed by Napolean's surgeon in his Italian company of 1796-97.
- The world's most expensive water is heavy water used as moderator in nuclear reactors.
- TCDD is a man-made chemical which is 150,000 times more deadly then cyanide.
- Copper turns green when exposed to air for a pretty long time.
- Nitrous oxide can make you laugh. That is why it is called laughing gas.
- Saccharin is 500 to 700 times more sweeter than sugar.
- RHTHYM is a six letter word which has no vowel.
- The world's first baby conceived in a test tube outside the mother's body was born in Oldham, England. Her name is Louise Joy Brown.
- Solid carbon di oxide is called dry ice, because when it melts it does not change into liquid but vapourises directly.
- Ice does not melt when kept in liquid ammonia.
- Quick silver is not silver, but it is another name of mercury. It is so heavy that piece of iron floats on its surface.
- Perfumed talcum powder is made from mineral called Talc. It is the softest possible mineral known to man.
- The longest regularly formed English word is Praetertranssubstantiationalistically which contains 37 letters.
- Take any three figure number in which the first figure is larger than the last, say 521. Reverse it, making 125 and subtract the smaller from the larger, making 396. Now add the result to the same number reversed, 693.
Saturday, April 14, 2012
Have a firm handshake. Look people in the ...
The word "queue" is the only word in the English language that is still pronounced the same way when the last four letters are rem...
In ancient Greece (469 - 399 BC), Socrates was widely lauded for his wisdom. One day the great philosopher came upon an acquaintance, who...
During a visit to the mental asylum, a visitor asked the Director how do you determine whether or not a patient should be institutionalized....
What is Love? ---------------------- One day, Plato asked his teacher, "What is love? How can I find it?" His teacher answer...
Neither fire nor wind, birth nor death can erase our good deeds. You only lose what you cling to. Fill your mind with compassion. ...
In the weightlessness of space a frozen pea will explode if it comes in contact with Pepsi. The increased electricity used by ...
JANUARY: Stubborn and hard-hearted. Ambitious and serious. Loves to teach and be taught. Always looking at people's flaws and weaknesse...
Coca-Cola was originally green. It is impossible to lick your elbow. The most common name in the world is Mohammed. The name of all the c...
Read this question, come up with an answer and then scroll down to the bottom for the result. This is not a trick question. It is as it rea...