- Everything has its beauty but not everyone sees it.
- Ignorance is the night of the mind, but a night without moon and star.
- It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.
- Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in getting up every time we do.
- What the superior man seeks is in himself; what the small man seeks is in others.
- They must often change who would be constant in happiness or wisdom.
- I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge; I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there.
- If a man takes no thought about what is distant, he will find sorrow near at hand.
- Learning without thought is labor lost; thought without learning is perilous.
- Recompense injury with justice, and recompense kindness with kindness.
- The cautious seldom err.
- The superior man cannot be known in little matters, but he may be entrusted with great concerns. The small man may not be entrusted with great concerns, but he may be known in little matters.
- The superior man is modest in his speech, but exceeds in his actions.
- Things that are done, it is needless to speak about…things that are past, it is needless to blame.
- Virtue is not left to stand alone. He who practices it will have neighbors.
- What you do not want done to yourself, do not do to others.
- When you know a thing, to hold that you know it; and when you do not know a thing, to allow that you do not know it – this is knowledge.
- With coarse rice to eat, with water to drink, and my bended arm for a pillow – I have still joy in the midst of these things. Riches and honors acquired by unrighteousness are to me as a floating cloud.
- Without an acquaintance with the rules of propriety, it is impossible for the character to be established.
- To go beyond is as wrong as to fall short.
Wednesday, September 21, 2011
Have a firm handshake. Look people in the ...
The word "queue" is the only word in the English language that is still pronounced the same way when the last four letters are rem...
In ancient Greece (469 - 399 BC), Socrates was widely lauded for his wisdom. One day the great philosopher came upon an acquaintance, who...
During a visit to the mental asylum, a visitor asked the Director how do you determine whether or not a patient should be institutionalized....
What is Love? ---------------------- One day, Plato asked his teacher, "What is love? How can I find it?" His teacher answer...
Neither fire nor wind, birth nor death can erase our good deeds. You only lose what you cling to. Fill your mind with compassion. ...
In the weightlessness of space a frozen pea will explode if it comes in contact with Pepsi. The increased electricity used by ...
JANUARY: Stubborn and hard-hearted. Ambitious and serious. Loves to teach and be taught. Always looking at people's flaws and weaknesse...
Coca-Cola was originally green. It is impossible to lick your elbow. The most common name in the world is Mohammed. The name of all the c...
Read this question, come up with an answer and then scroll down to the bottom for the result. This is not a trick question. It is as it rea...