- Knowledge talks, wisdom listens. - Jimi Hendrix
- Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me !
- Only the wisest and the stupidest of men never change. - Confucius
- Don’t let your victories go to your head, or your failures go to your heart.
- Those who criticize our generation forget who raised it.
- Criticizing is easy, art is difficult.
- Violence won’t solve a thing. It makes it more challenging to solve, though.
- I don’t know what the key to success is, but the key to failure is trying to please everyone. - Bill Cosby
- When the character of a man is not clear to you, look at his friends.
- Not to care for philosophy is to be a true philospher.
- The mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work unless it’s open.
- The best mind-altering drug is truth.
- Be wiser than other people if you can, but do not tell them so. - Lord Chesterfield
- Don’t look where you fall, but where you slipped.
- Never forget what a man says to you when he is angry. - Henry Ward Beecher
- A winner listens, a loser just waits until it is their turn to talk.
- Guns don’t kill people — people do.
- He who knows others is wise. He who knows himself is enlightened. - Lao Tzu
- If you are not part of the cure, then you are part of the problem.
- The only time you run out of chances is when you stop taking them.
- Pick battles big enough to matter, small enough to win. - Jonathan Kozel
- The best things in life are not things.
- An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest. - Benjamin Franklin
- You can tell more about a person by what he says about others than you can by what others say about him.
- One should always play fair when one has the winning cards. - Oscar Wilde
- Think like a man of action, and act like a man of thought.
- Beware of a man of one book.
- Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- He who knows others is learned; he who knows himself is wise.
Sunday, July 17, 2011
Have a firm handshake. Look people in the ...
The word "queue" is the only word in the English language that is still pronounced the same way when the last four letters are rem...
In ancient Greece (469 - 399 BC), Socrates was widely lauded for his wisdom. One day the great philosopher came upon an acquaintance, who...
During a visit to the mental asylum, a visitor asked the Director how do you determine whether or not a patient should be institutionalized....
What is Love? ---------------------- One day, Plato asked his teacher, "What is love? How can I find it?" His teacher answer...
Neither fire nor wind, birth nor death can erase our good deeds. You only lose what you cling to. Fill your mind with compassion. ...
In the weightlessness of space a frozen pea will explode if it comes in contact with Pepsi. The increased electricity used by ...
JANUARY: Stubborn and hard-hearted. Ambitious and serious. Loves to teach and be taught. Always looking at people's flaws and weaknesse...
Coca-Cola was originally green. It is impossible to lick your elbow. The most common name in the world is Mohammed. The name of all the c...
Read this question, come up with an answer and then scroll down to the bottom for the result. This is not a trick question. It is as it rea...