- The only 2 animals that can see behind itself without turning it's head are the rabbit and the parrot.
- A whip makes a cracking sound because its tip moves faster than the speed of sound.
- "Almost" is the longest word in the English language with all the letters in alphabetical order.
- Snails produce a colorless, sticky discharge that forms a protective carpet under them as they travel along. The discharge is so effective that they can crawl along the edge of a razor without cutting themselves.
- The word "listen" contains the same letters as the word "silent".
- A hippopotamus can run faster than a man.
- The only 15 letter word that can be spelled without repeating a letter is copyrightable.
- Electricity doesn't move through a wire but through a field around the wire.
- Hummingbirds are the only animal that can fly backwards.
- It is impossible to lick your elbow.
- All the planets in the solar system rotate anticlockwise, except Venus. It is the only planet that rotates clockwise.
- Names of the three wise monkeys are: Mizaru (See no evil), Mikazaru (Hear no evil), and Mazaru (Speak no evil).
- A 'jiffy' is an actual unit of time for 1/100th of a second.
- India never invaded any country in her last 10000 years of history.
- Sanskrit is the mother of all higher languages. Sanskrit is the most precise and therefore suitable language for the computer software - a report in Forbes magazine.
- India invented the Number System. Zero was invented by Aryabhatta.
- Chess (Shataranja or AshtaPada) was invented in India.
- Twenty-Four-Karat Gold is not pure gold; there is a small amount of copper in it. Absolutely pure gold is so soft that it can be molded with the hands.
Monday, April 5, 2010
Have a firm handshake. Look people in the ...
The word "queue" is the only word in the English language that is still pronounced the same way when the last four letters are rem...
In ancient Greece (469 - 399 BC), Socrates was widely lauded for his wisdom. One day the great philosopher came upon an acquaintance, who...
During a visit to the mental asylum, a visitor asked the Director how do you determine whether or not a patient should be institutionalized....
What is Love? ---------------------- One day, Plato asked his teacher, "What is love? How can I find it?" His teacher answer...
Neither fire nor wind, birth nor death can erase our good deeds. You only lose what you cling to. Fill your mind with compassion. ...
In the weightlessness of space a frozen pea will explode if it comes in contact with Pepsi. The increased electricity used by ...
JANUARY: Stubborn and hard-hearted. Ambitious and serious. Loves to teach and be taught. Always looking at people's flaws and weaknesse...
Coca-Cola was originally green. It is impossible to lick your elbow. The most common name in the world is Mohammed. The name of all the c...
Read this question, come up with an answer and then scroll down to the bottom for the result. This is not a trick question. It is as it rea...