- Intelligent people have more zinc and copper in their hair
- The world's youngest parents were 8 and 9 and lived in China in 1910.
- our eyes remain the same size from birth onward, but our noses and ears never stop growing.
- You burn more calories sleeping than you do watching TV.
- A person will die from total lack of sleep sooner than from starvation.
- Death will occur about 10 days without sleep, while starvation takes a few weeks.
- Chewing gum while peeling onions will keep you from crying.
- The Mona Lisa has no eyebrows.
- When the moon is directly overhead, you weigh slightly less.
- Alexander Graham Bell, the inventor of the telephone, never telephoned his Wife or mother because they were both deaf.
- "I am." is the shortest complete sentence in the English language
- Colgate faced big obstacle marketing toothpaste in Spanish speaking countries because Colgate translates into the command "go hang yourself."
- The smallest unit of time is the yoctosecond
- Like fingerprints, everyone's tongue print is different
- "Bookkeeper" is the only word in English language with three consecutive double letters
- Right handed people live, on average, nine years longer than left handed people do
- The sentence "the quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog" uses every letter in the English language
- If the population of China walked past you in single line, the line would never end because of the rate of reproduction
- China has more English speakers than the United States
- Every human spent about half an hour as a single cell.
- Each square inch of human skin consists of twenty feet of blood vessels.
- The longest place name still in use is: Taumatawhakatangiha ngaoauauotametea turi-Pukakpikima ungahoronukupoka iwhenuakitanatahu- a New Zealand hill
- If you leave Tokyo by plane at 7:00am, you will arrive in Honolulu (US) at approximately 4:30pm the previous day.
Sunday, January 17, 2010
Have a firm handshake. Look people in the ...
The word "queue" is the only word in the English language that is still pronounced the same way when the last four letters are rem...
In ancient Greece (469 - 399 BC), Socrates was widely lauded for his wisdom. One day the great philosopher came upon an acquaintance, who...
During a visit to the mental asylum, a visitor asked the Director how do you determine whether or not a patient should be institutionalized....
What is Love? ---------------------- One day, Plato asked his teacher, "What is love? How can I find it?" His teacher answer...
Neither fire nor wind, birth nor death can erase our good deeds. You only lose what you cling to. Fill your mind with compassion. ...
In the weightlessness of space a frozen pea will explode if it comes in contact with Pepsi. The increased electricity used by ...
JANUARY: Stubborn and hard-hearted. Ambitious and serious. Loves to teach and be taught. Always looking at people's flaws and weaknesse...
Coca-Cola was originally green. It is impossible to lick your elbow. The most common name in the world is Mohammed. The name of all the c...
Read this question, come up with an answer and then scroll down to the bottom for the result. This is not a trick question. It is as it rea...