This compact device called the YoGen Max from a company called Easy Energy allows you to charge up your laptop anywhere in the world with the power of your foot. If you are at an airport with no outlets in sight or on a plane and you don’t mind looking a bit silly and getting weird looks this could be perfect for you. More importantly this can keep your laptop going in rural parts of the world where you won’t look silly at all foot pumping your laptop.
Monday, January 26, 2009
Friday, January 23, 2009
What is the meaning of courage?
* *Is it to fight a bull in a bullfight?** No**
* *Is it to drive a formula 1 car?** No**
* *Is it to fly a fighter in combat?** No**
* *Is it to practice free fall parachuting?** No**
* *Is it bungee jumping, wild water rafting? **No**
**Is it to gamble your salary on a coin toss?** No**
**Is it to insult the doorman in a bar?** No**
* *Is it to insult your boss?** No**
* *Is it to go on a defective ferris wheel?** No*
*.....…that is nothing**THIS** is COURAGE!!!**
When you are together with that special someone, you pretend to ignore
that person. But when that special someone is not around, you might look around to find them.
At that moment, you are in Love.
Although there is someone else who always makes you laugh,
your eyes and attention might go only to that special someone.
Then, you are in love.
Although that special someone was supposed to have called you long back, to let you know of their safe arrival, your phone is quiet. You are desperately waiting for the call!
At that moment, you are in love.
If you are much more excited for one short e-mail from that special someone than other many long e-mails, you are in love.
When you find yourself as one who cannot erase all the emails or SMS messages in your phone because of one message from that special someone, you are in love.
When you get a couple of free movie tickets, you would not hesitate to think of that special someone. Then, you are in love.
You keep telling yourself, "that special someone is just a friend",but you realize that you can not avoid that person's special attraction. At that moment, you are in love.
While you are reading this post, if someone appears in your mind, then u are in love with that person...
Labels: amazing thoughts
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
- It takes your food seven seconds to get from your mouth to your stomach.
- One human hair can support 3 kg (6 lb).
- The average man’s penis is three times the length of his thumb.
- Human thighbones are stronger than concrete.
- A woman’s heart beats faster than a man’s.
- There are about one trillion bacteria on each of your feet.
- Women blink twice as often as men.
- The average person’s skin weighs twice as much as the brain.
- Your body uses 300 muscles to balance itself when you are standing still.
- If saliva cannot dissolve something, you cannot taste it.
Labels: Amazing Facts
Monday, January 12, 2009
- State with the highest percentage of people who walk to work: Alaska
- Some toothpastes and deodorants contain the same chemicals found in antifreeze
- The Shroud of Turin is the single most studied artifact in human history
- Smartest dogs: 1) Scottish border collie; 2) Poodle; 3) Golden retriever
- The sperm count of an average American male compared to thirty years ago is down thirty percent
- Humpback whales are capable of living up to 95 years
- The 1912, a wrestling match in Stockholm between Finn Alfred Asikainen and Russian Martin Klein lasted more than 11 hours. Klein eventually won, but was to tired to participate in the championship match
- Manitoulin Island is the largest island in a fresh water lake. It is located in Canadian Lake Superior
- Cost of raising a medium-size dog to the age of eleven: $6,400
- The Chinese politician Mao Zedong refused to ever brush his teeth and instead just washed his mouth with tea
- The Super Bowl is broadcast to over 182 countries in the world
- Banging your head against a wall uses 150 calories an hour
- In 1884, Dr. Hervey D. Thatcher invented the milk bottle.
- Some Ribbon worm will eat themselves if they cannot find food. This type of worm can still survive after eating up to 95% of its body weight
- The only 15 letter word that can be spelled without repeating a letter is "uncopyrightable."
- Singer Chaka Khan came out with a line of chocolates called "Chakalates."
- In a day 34,000 children die every day from causes that are related to poverty and hunger
Labels: Amazing Facts
Friday, January 9, 2009
Wednesday, January 7, 2009
The next time the shit hits the fan, remembering some of these eternal words of wisdom will help you tolerate the stench a little better.
1) Indecision is the key to flexibility.
2) You cannot tell which way the train went by looking at the track.
3) There is absolutely no substitute for a genuine lack of preparation.
4) Happiness is merely the remission of pain.
5) Nostalgia isn’t what it used to be.
6) Sometimes too much drink is not enough.
7) The facts, although interesting, are irrelevant.
8) The careful application of terror is also a form of communication.
9) Someone who thinks logically is a nice contrast to the real world.
10) Things are more like they are today than they ever have been before.
11) Anything worth fighting for is worth fighting dirty for.
12) Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
13) Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate.
14) I have seen the truth and it makes no sense.
15) Suicide is the most sincere form of self-criticism.
16) All things being equal, fat people use more soap.
17) If you can smile when things go wrong, you have someone in mind to blame.
18) One-seventh of you life is spent on Monday.
19) By the time you can make ends meet, they move the ends.
20) Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.
21) The more you run over a dead cat, the flatter it gets.
22) There is always one more imbecile than you counted on.
23) This is as bad as it can get, but don’t bet on it.
24) Never wrestle with a pig: You both get all dirty, and the pig likes it.
25) The trouble with life is, you’re halfway through it before you realize it’s a “do it yourself” thing.
Monday, January 5, 2009
Sunday, January 4, 2009
A bar inside the trunk of a Baobab tree has tourists flocking from far and wide just to drink a cold brew in the amazing tavern. It was fashioned inside a massive 72 foot (22 meters) high tree in a garden in Limpopo, South Africa, for thirsty locals.
The amazing Big Baobab Pub, complete with a phone and dartboard, hollowed into a tree.
Grown in the grounds of Sunland Farm, the tree trunk is so wide it takes 40 adults with outstretched arms to encircle its 155 foot (48 meters) circumference. The trunk is hollow, but its walls are still up to 6.5 feet (2 meters) thick.
The tree has its own cellar, with natural ventilation to keep the beer cold.
Carbon-dating has determined the ancient tree to be about 6,000 years old. “This tree is likely to be older than the Giza Pyramids of Egypt.” said Heather van Heerden, owner of Sunland Farm.
“It is phenomenal to have such a magnificent tree in your back garden. It is possibly the biggest living thing on earth.” she adds.
More than 7,000 visitors come from all over the world to see the grandiose Baobab every year and have a drink in its pub, which has 13 foot (4 meter) high ceilings and comfortably seats up to 15 people.
“One year we had a party and squashed 54 people inside, but I wouldn’t recommend that.” said Mrs. van Heerden.
She and her husband Doug came up with the brainchild to set a bar up inside when they found a natural hollow in the Baobabb shortly after they bought the farm in the late 1980’s.
“When Baobabs are more than 1,000 years old, they hollow naturally.” said Mrs. van Heerden.
The pub has surprisingly plenty of space for customers to sit.
While clearing out the hollow centre of the tree trunk, the van Heerdens found historical evidence of Bushmen — indigenous people of the Kalahari desert — who may have once lived in the tree, and artifacts belonging to the Voortrekkers, the Dutch pioneers who travelled through South Africa in the mid-1800’s.
“We found the remains of a Bushmen bed made from rocks, possibly in the 1700’s.” says van Heerden. “We could also gather that a Voortrekker once lived here who repaired ox wagons for the Great Trek because we found tools and wagon pieces.”
The Bushmen of the Kalahari have long had a unique relationship with the peculiar looking tree, which stands leafless for the better part of the year, with its branches resembling a mass of roots pointing upwards to the sky.
Thursday, January 1, 2009
Have a firm handshake. Look people in the ...
The word "queue" is the only word in the English language that is still pronounced the same way when the last four letters are rem...
In ancient Greece (469 - 399 BC), Socrates was widely lauded for his wisdom. One day the great philosopher came upon an acquaintance, who...
During a visit to the mental asylum, a visitor asked the Director how do you determine whether or not a patient should be institutionalized....
What is Love? ---------------------- One day, Plato asked his teacher, "What is love? How can I find it?" His teacher answer...
Neither fire nor wind, birth nor death can erase our good deeds. You only lose what you cling to. Fill your mind with compassion. ...
In the weightlessness of space a frozen pea will explode if it comes in contact with Pepsi. The increased electricity used by ...
JANUARY: Stubborn and hard-hearted. Ambitious and serious. Loves to teach and be taught. Always looking at people's flaws and weaknesse...
Coca-Cola was originally green. It is impossible to lick your elbow. The most common name in the world is Mohammed. The name of all the c...
Read this question, come up with an answer and then scroll down to the bottom for the result. This is not a trick question. It is as it rea...