The next time the shit hits the fan, remembering some of these eternal words of wisdom will help you tolerate the stench a little better.
1) Indecision is the key to flexibility.
2) You cannot tell which way the train went by looking at the track.
3) There is absolutely no substitute for a genuine lack of preparation.
4) Happiness is merely the remission of pain.
5) Nostalgia isn’t what it used to be.
6) Sometimes too much drink is not enough.
7) The facts, although interesting, are irrelevant.
8) The careful application of terror is also a form of communication.
9) Someone who thinks logically is a nice contrast to the real world.
10) Things are more like they are today than they ever have been before.
11) Anything worth fighting for is worth fighting dirty for.
12) Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
13) Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate.
14) I have seen the truth and it makes no sense.
15) Suicide is the most sincere form of self-criticism.
16) All things being equal, fat people use more soap.
17) If you can smile when things go wrong, you have someone in mind to blame.
18) One-seventh of you life is spent on Monday.
19) By the time you can make ends meet, they move the ends.
20) Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.
21) The more you run over a dead cat, the flatter it gets.
22) There is always one more imbecile than you counted on.
23) This is as bad as it can get, but don’t bet on it.
24) Never wrestle with a pig: You both get all dirty, and the pig likes it.
25) The trouble with life is, you’re halfway through it before you realize it’s a “do it yourself” thing.