- The sentence “The quick brown fox jumps over a lazy dog.” uses every letter of the alphabet! (see, told ya)
- When glass breaks, the cracks move faster than 3,000 miles per hour. To photograph the event, a camera must shoot at a millionth of a second!
- Most lipstick contains fish scales! (eww)
- A car uses 1.6 ounces of gas idling for one minute. Half an ounce is used to start the average automobile!
- Cat urine glows under a black-light! (that explains why I got caught)
- Every day 20 banks are robbed. The average take is $2,500!
- Ancient Egyptians slept on pillows made of stone!
- It takes glass one million years to decompose, which means it never wears out and can be recycled an infinite amount of times!
- The only 15 letter word that can be spelled without repeating a letter is “uncopyrightable”!
- The two-foot long bird called a Kea that lives in New Zealand likes to eat the strips of rubber around car windows!
- Over 2500 left handed people a year are killed from using products made for right handed people!
- It’s illegal to drink beer out of a bucket while you’re sitting on a curb in St. Louis!
- No piece of square dry paper can be folded more than 7 times in half!
- The Nobel Peace Prize medal depicts three naked men with their hands on each other’s shoulders! (gay?)
- A Boeing 747 airliner holds 57,285 gallons of fuel! (green?)
- One in every 4 Americans has appeared on television!
- If you counted 24 hours a day, it would take 31,688 years to reach one trillion!
- Until 1796, there was a state in the United States called Franklin. Today it’s known as Tennessee!
- The Earth weighs around 6,600,000,000,000,000,000,000 tons (5,940 billion billion metric tons)!
- It’s against the law to pawn your dentures in Las Vegas! (Trust me, I tried)
- Human thigh bones are stronger than concrete!
- The world’s termites outweigh the world’s humans 10 to 1!
- Hummingbirds can weigh less than a penny!
- The placement of a donkey’s eyes in its head enables it to see all four feet at all times! (and I can’t see my own feet)
- A hippo can open its mouth wide enough to fit a 4 foot tall child inside! (and I think I saw one eating at McDonald’s the other day)
Thursday, July 17, 2008
Have a firm handshake. Look people in the ...
The word "queue" is the only word in the English language that is still pronounced the same way when the last four letters are rem...
In ancient Greece (469 - 399 BC), Socrates was widely lauded for his wisdom. One day the great philosopher came upon an acquaintance, who...
During a visit to the mental asylum, a visitor asked the Director how do you determine whether or not a patient should be institutionalized....
What is Love? ---------------------- One day, Plato asked his teacher, "What is love? How can I find it?" His teacher answer...
Neither fire nor wind, birth nor death can erase our good deeds. You only lose what you cling to. Fill your mind with compassion. ...
In the weightlessness of space a frozen pea will explode if it comes in contact with Pepsi. The increased electricity used by ...
JANUARY: Stubborn and hard-hearted. Ambitious and serious. Loves to teach and be taught. Always looking at people's flaws and weaknesse...
Coca-Cola was originally green. It is impossible to lick your elbow. The most common name in the world is Mohammed. The name of all the c...
Read this question, come up with an answer and then scroll down to the bottom for the result. This is not a trick question. It is as it rea...